Tuning in to Teens
Emotionally Intelligent Parenting
TUNING IN TO TEENS shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence.
Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- have greater career success – Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
A six-session parenting program for parents of adolescents aged 12 to 18 years
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at talking with your teen?
- be better at understanding your teen?
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
- teach your teen to deal with conflict?
6 morning sessions starting 3 May until 7 June