Seeking part-time Psychologist / Mental Health Social Worker
An exciting opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team supporting the inner east metropolitan region of Melbourne with a well respected community organisation. This flexible, part time position is initially offered 2 to 3 days per week, but with the potential to increase.
Camcare is a not-for-profit, community based organisation. We provide a number of support services including wellbeing and counselling, information and referral advice, family services, parent education, psychological services (Access to Allied Psychological Services) and emergency relief.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Psychologist / Mental Health Social Worker to provide services through the Psychological Strategies program (formerly known as ATAPS) program. As a subcontractor, you will be required initially two to three days per week with the possibility of increasing hours as the demand for the service increases.
Provide evidenced based psychological assessment and therapy, and focused psychological strategies to assist children, young persons, adults, and those experiencing perinatal depression referred by Eastern Metropolitan Primary Health Network.
- Ensure practice is undertaken with due regard to ethical, legal and professional prescribed standards.
- Maintain accurate and timely case notes using an electronic clinical record system, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, professional guidelines and practice protocols.
- Facilitate positive working relationships, providing high quality communication to staff, GPs, EMPHN and other providers.
- Participate in case review meetings and conferences with GPs and other health professionals involved in the client’s care as required.
- Provide accurate, thorough and timely written reports to the client’s referring practitioner or EMPHN in accordance with Medicare requirements and practice protocols.
- Contribute to service planning, policy and procedure development and other administrative functions relevant to service provision (including assessment procedures, protocols for individual and group treatment programs, pathways and procedures for referrals).
- Develop treatment/intervention plans, implement appropriate intervention strategies and treat the complex needs of clients.
- Full registration with AHPRA as a clinical psychologist or AASW as a mental health social worker
- Registered to provide psychology / social work items under Medicare
- Experience working with providing psychological services to children
- Demonstrated understanding of general practice and the primary health sector
- Experience and skills in working in close liaison and in consultation with GPs in a clinical context
- Experience in assessment and diagnosis and competent using a wide range of evidence based focussed therapies.
- Desktop computer familiarity including MS Office applications and clinical software packages
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Available to work after hours
- ABN and professional indemnity insurance to allow for contractual arrangements
- Completed PHN courses for working with children
- Experience working with clients with (or at risk of) peri-natal depression
How to apply for this job:
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and your resume.
We encourage all enquiries and expressions of interest be addressed to the Service Development Manager, David Cooke, email@example.com , including subject line: Psychologist / Mental health social worker application
This position is also advertised on Ethical Jobs.