News and Programs
We are thrilled to be the recipient of a brand new ‘Honda Hero’ loan vehicle. Having this Honda Civic (pictured below with our CEO, Jane Broadhead) enables staff to visit clients in their homes.
This car was kindly provided by Eastern Honda via The Honda Foundation who have donated millions of dollars to charities around Australia – click the link The Honda Foundation for more information on their work.
An exciting opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team supporting the inner east metropolitan region of Melbourne with a well respected community organisation. This flexible, part time position is initially offered 2 to 3 days per week, but with the potential to increase.
Camcare is a not-for-profit, community based organisation. We provide a number of support services including wellbeing and counselling, information and referral advice, family services, parent education, psychological services (Access to Allied Psychological Services) and emergency relief.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Psychologist / Mental Health Social Worker to provide services through the Psychological Strategies program (formerly known as ATAPS) program. As a subcontractor, you will be required initially two to three days per week with the possibility of increasing hours as the demand for the service increases.
- Provide evidenced based psychological assessment and therapy, and focused psychological strategies to assist children, young persons, adults, and those experiencing perinatal depression referred by Eastern Metropolitan Primary Health Network.
- Ensure practice is undertaken with due regard to ethical, legal and professional prescribed standards.
- Maintain accurate and timely case notes using an electronic clinical record system, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, professional guidelines and practice protocols.
- Facilitate positive working relationships, providing high quality communication to staff, GPs, EMPHN and other providers.
- Participate in case review meetings and conferences with GPs and other health professionals involved in the client’s care as required.
- Provide accurate, thorough and timely written reports to the client’s referring practitioner or EMPHN in accordance with Medicare requirements and practice protocols.
- Contribute to service planning, policy and procedure development and other administrative functions relevant to service provision (including assessment procedures, protocols for individual and group treatment programs, pathways and procedures for referrals).
- Develop treatment/intervention plans, implement appropriate intervention strategies and treat the complex needs of clients.
- Full registration with AHPRA as a clinical psychologist or AASW as a mental health social worker
- Registered to provide psychology / social work items under Medicare
- Experience working with providing psychological services to children
- Demonstrated understanding of general practice and the primary health sector
- Experience and skills in working in close liaison and in consultation with GPs in a clinical context
- Experience in assessment and diagnosis and competent using a wide range of evidence based focussed therapies.
- Desktop computer familiarity including MS Office applications and clinical software packages
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Available to work after hours
- ABN and professional indemnity insurance to allow for contractual arrangements
- Completed PHN courses for working with children
- Experience working with clients with (or at risk of) peri-natal depression
How to apply for this job:
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and your resume.
We encourage all enquiries and expressions of interest be addressed to the Service Development Manager, David Cooke, firstname.lastname@example.org , including subject line: Psychologist / Mental health social worker application
This position is also advertised on Ethical Jobs.
Thank you to Eve and Daniel from Chatham Food Store in Surrey Hills for a number of beautifully crafted Gingerbread houses and Christmas Trees they donated to share with the local community. We look forward to their continued support.
Thank you to Grade 3 from Camberwell Primary School for their Christmas fundraising for Camcare! The class created a community project and they made and sold all the Christmas goodies so others could also share in Christmas cheer.
Students Hayley Davies and Alicia Labza have written up their efforts for us below.
Students from Year 3 handed the money they raised to Pari, Camcare’s Community Support Manager
The Grade 3 Christmas Stall held on the 20th of December was a great success. We raised $1232.75 for Camcare. That’s more than triple the amount raised last year! We made three sizes of transforming wreaths, gift tags in packs of five and ten delicious shortbread (not store bought!) that walked out the door, hand crafted baubles and an assortment of Christmas decorations, not to mention Christmas cards.
The head bankers and bankers of Class Economy dealt with the money, police officers were on crowd control and everyone else was advertising. All the teachers had to do was pin the money down so it wouldn’t fly away! In the end, everyone had lost their voices yelling and had lots of fun.
Pari Sanyu with the Year 3 students from Camberwell Primary School
This Christmas your donation to Camcare will make a difference. It will mean that someone in need in your community is cared for, supported and has a place to belong.
Christmas can be difficult for those who feel alone and who are not able to afford the extras that are taken for granted by so many. Christmas food and toys for children are often out of reach living on low incomes.
Camcare is there at times like this. We provide Christmas food hampers, and toys and gift vouchers so children will have a gift under the tree on Christmas day and more importantly we provide a warm and welcoming hub for those who are alone.
Camcare needs your help this year to ensure
that everyone enjoys the festive season.
Our volunteers and staff could not provide this help and support without your gift this Christmas. Your donation will ensure that they can continue to provide support for Camcare clients this Christmas.
You can donate by going to Give Now
In person at 51 St Johns Avenue, Camberwell (9am-4.30 Mon-Fri)
Carols in MacLeay Park this Saturday will be a relaxing, family-friendly time when the whole community can come together to enjoy a picnic tea and some top entertainment from our local singers and musicians.
Even Santa thinks the event is so important he is making time in his busy schedule to fit in a visit, and the fireworks at the end are going to be better than ever.
Camcare volunteers will be distributing programs and collecting donations. Thank you to the organisers for choosing Camcare as the sole recipient charity for 2017!
For more details, click here
Boroondara Cares Foundation runs the CHANCES Scholarship Program which facilitates educational chances for motivated young people who have the skills and passion to achieve but are experiencing financial disadvantage.
The Boroondara Cares Foundation showcased some of their talented CHANCES scholarship recipients during the program’s 10-year celebration in August at Swinburne. One of the recipients of a CHANCES scholarship, Emelia, was nominated by Camcare’s Emergency Relief Worker, Jennifer Jones.
Emelia, a year 7 student, expressed her appreciation for the opportunity CHANCES has given her by reading a letter to the audience.
It was a pleasure to see this amazing young lady so grateful for the opportunity she has been given and so willing to give back. Her father and strongest advocate Garry, has every reason to be very proud.
Camcare staff and volunteers have rolled up their sleeves and for the first time participated in all the fun of the Camberwell Traders Association fifth Dine In Dine Out festival.
Staff, volunteers and board members all helped out at the Camcare information stand on Saturday August 5 at the Camberwell Fresh Food Market to help promote Camcare and our vital work in the local community assisting those in need, running education programs and providing counselling.
As part of the Dine In Dine Out festival, Grill’d Camberwell partnered with Camcare and during the weekend generously donated $5 from every burger sold to support the Camcare Kitchen Garden and fresh food program. Grill’d made a donation of $4690.00 to Camcare as a result of this event – a tremendous achievement and a great example of local business supporting their local community.
Grill’d Camberwell raised $4690 for Camcare over the weekend of 5 and 6 August 2017. $5 from every burger sold went towards Camcare.
The money raised will be used to support the kitchen garden project which provides freshly grown nutritious food for those in need in the community.
Grill’d has a policy of supporting local community organisations in the areas where they have retail shops and Camcare is proud of our ongoing association with the Camberwell store.
- Experienced NFP Board members sought
- Skills including change management, legal, HR, organisational design valued
- Local (regional) connections preferred
Camcare is a community organisation of professionals and volunteers working together to help people in Boroondara when times are tough. We provide wellbeing and support services, information and practical assistance, as well as a welcoming community space for people to meet and participate in activities. With annual revenues of $1.54 million and 40 years of successful operation, Camcare is a well-regarded participant in the community welfare sector.
Our Board of Governance is drawn from skilled and capable people who live in or have an association with the Boroondara community, or have a commitment to the work we do. The Board comprises up to 11 members from various professional backgrounds who volunteer to contribute to the governance of the organisation, including strategic planning, risk management and organisational development and performance.
Camcare, like many other NFP organisations in the community, is facing challenges arising from changes in local, state and federal government policy in relation to the nature and delivery of social services within the community. We are also pursuing new initiatives in response to these challenges.
We seek new members with experience on the Board of an organisation undergoing transformative change, such as changes to the business operating model to ensure long term sustainability. Useful skills would include change management, legal, HR, organisational design and business strategy. Experience in the NFP sector and local connections – as a resident or through business, volunteering or other activities – are highly valued.
An appetite for achieving successful results on a values-driven Board is essential.
To apply, please download and complete the form below and email it to email@example.com
Please include any other information that you think would be helpful to the Governance committee in making its recommendations to the Board.
Expressions of interest are to be submitted by 6.00pm on Monday, 28 August 2017. In the meantime, if you would like to know more about becoming a member of Camcare’s Board of Governance, please contact Liz Tromans on 0410 449 362.
Interviews of suitable and short-listed applicants will be conducted in mid to late September 2017.← Older posts