Impact on the Community
Boroondara is an affluent community, yet there are people in distress and struggling on low incomes, facing rising costs of living, housing insecurity, unemployment, relationship conflict and loneliness.
For 40 years, professionals and volunteers from the local community have come together at Camcare to help people manage these issues, and reduce the impact they have on their lives. Times change, but one thing is constant: the need just keeps growing.
What people Say?
In 2016-17 Camcare achieved the following:
1. Delivered wellbeing support to 428 people including individuals and couples plus 103 Brief Interventions.
People were provided with a therapeutic space to negotiate family conflict, address their experience of grief and loss, learn about themselves and their impact on others, deal effectively with life transitions including the challenges associated with disability or chronic ill health and the birth of a baby.
2. Provided 9,577 instances of Information Referral and Advice.
This was in the form of wellbeing support, groups, material aid, food relief, advocacy and information.
3. Support provided to 85 families
This included families with complex needs including assisting them with parenting strategies, addressing risk and safety issues in relation to their children, practical household management, and access to services in the community.
4. 95% of Camcare clients were experiencing financial disadvantage or social exclusion.
5. Provided 2,464 instances of Emergency Relief.
In the form of fresh and packaged food, travel cards, toiletries, and grants to third parties for essential items. Without this support many recipients would be forced to make difficult choices about whether they eat well or pay the utility bill or the month’s rent. Some may choose to go without essential medications, optical glasses or other important personal items. Services included short term casework for vulnerable clients.
6. Provided parenting and support programs to 71 people
Including Tuning in to Kids, Tuning in to Teens, Bringing up Great Kids, Baby’s OK what about You?, Mindfulness for Older People.
7. Delivered services with the assistance of 133 dynamic, diverse and highly motivated volunteers.
8. The Broadband for Seniors Program assisted 283 people.
A program run by volunteers who assist Camcare to offer free one-on-one training sessions to skill those over 50 with tasks on a computer or iPad/tablet.
9. Assisted 105 people earning below $60,000 per annum
To make an E-Tax return to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
10. Delivered to 62 participants (parents and educators) a Cross Cultural Parenting Experience co-funded by Balwyn Rotary.
As a small organisation we are agile in identifying and meeting emerging needs in the community.
We’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback on our results. Please contact us.