Camcare is a community organisation of professionals and volunteers working together to help people in Boroondara when times are tough.
We provide wellbeing and support services, information and practical assistance. This may be food relief in a crisis, connecting to other services, or professional counselling for new parents, unsettled teenagers or vulnerable families. We go out to see people who need help in their homes.
We also create a welcoming community space at Camcare for people to meet and participate in activities – a place to belong.
We offer the following:
- information , referral and advocacy
- emergency relief: donated food, small grants for students and fresh produce from our kitchen garden
- family support: for families who are struggling to cope with all the pressure they face.
- support and connections to services for families with a history or current experience of family violence
- wellbeing counselling services for people in the community who are facing challenging times, from new parents, to school students, to those experiencing past or present relationship issues
- parenting groups to build strategies and confidence to become effective parents and for vulnerable new mothers to make connections and share information
- practical assistance to prepare tax returns or learn how to use the internet via the Be Connected program (previously called Broadband for Seniors)
- monthly community BBQ to bring people together for a meal and friendship
- Emotional Support for new mums
- Practical case management support for people who are struggling to pay bills, find housing, connect with NDIS and other everyday practical issues in life.
- Camcare offer a counselling and case management service for residents of Boroondara. The counselling service can support residents who are struggling with emotional problems and the case management service can support with practical problems.
How Can You Help?
Join Our Campaign
To provide a flexible array of responsive services to meet people’s needs and fill gaps in the services funded by tiers of government, Camcare relies on donations from trusts, philanthropic bodies, corporations, local businesses and individuals. You may be surprised by the need for Camcare’s services among people in Boroondara.
There are many ways that you can donate to Camcare to help us provide the best services possible: