Life is challenging and always changing. Camcare provides practical help for individuals and families in Boroondara who are facing difficulties in life.
We provide a safe space where you can talk things through, and explore ways to address your issues. We aim to empower you to build on your strengths.
What We Offer
Information, Referral and Advocacy
Our trained volunteer workers provide information about community services, resources and facilities, and will link you to the agencies and support you need. They provide support in times of financial hardship and assist with negotiating and organising payment plans with utility companies.
People experiencing financial crisis need help that is relevant and respectful. Camcare’s emergency relief encourages self-reliance and independent financial management. We aim to empower people to move forward, including developing social connections and participating in community life.
Emergency relief includes:
- Case management for complex cases: assessment, outreach, referral and advocacy focused on personal goals
- Financial help for students enrolled in government schools
- Referrals to specialist services such as financial counselling
- Small grants for sudden financial crises such as unexpected medical costs (subject to guidelines)
- Travel tickets or phone cards
- Fresh food and bread, including produce from the kitchen garden
- Christmas hamper and toy program
If you need help to submit your tax return, assistance is available from July until October. This support is free of charge for people under the income threshold. Click here for more information.
Be Connected (previously Broadband for Seniors)
Being screen-savvy is a must for everyone today. We provide one-on-one tutoring for people on how to use computers, the internet, smart phones or myGov. You set the agenda for your tutoring. Click here for more information.
A social event held monthly at our Camberwell site for community members wishing to connect and enjoy a delicious free meal. Click here for more information.
Working beside our team of committed gardeners, you can enjoy some rewarding work, in a safe and nurturing space. Produce from the garden goes on to our weekly Fresh Food distribution table.